I sampled a number of brews and as you can imagine, my mental notes increasingly became foggy as the night went on. From the above list, I had:
- Baltic Porter from Alaskan Brewing (anything I've had from Alaskan Brewing has been great so this was an easy selection)
- Very Noddy, an Imperial Schwarzbier from Buckbean in Reno (Schwarzbier is a rare find and a type of beer I've been wanting to brew)
- Hopsquatch, a Barleywine from Four Peaks in Tempe (insane beer, 'nouf said)
- Hip Hop IPA from Holister Brew Co (near where I went to college [UCSB] so I had to sample their beer)
- Moylander, a Double IPA from Moylan's (gotta love Moylan's, good brew from what I remember)
- Salvation, a Strong Dark Ale from Russian River (I've had this before, awesome brew)
- The Empire Strikes Black from Sierra Nevada (this is a collaboration beer from one of my all-time favs, very awesome beer)
- 10th Anniversary Double Alt from Tenaya Creek in Las Vegas (Tenaya Who!? I was surprised that in ten years of operation, I had never heard of Tenaya Creek Brewing. Being an Alt at a strong ale festival, I had to try it. This beer is my best of show! Their Double Alt was surprisingly well balanced and exemplified the altbier style [doubled, of course].
- Yakima Twilight, an American Strong from Victory Brewing in Downingtown, PA (after our trip to Philly last summer, I felt inclined to try have a Pennsylvanian beer, good brew)
Cheers and Chillindamos!